Bargain Bin Video Game Fun
It’s a great time to own an
Xbox, Playstation 2, or Gamecube because the games are dirt cheap on the internet, and to some extent in local stores though you need to search harder for bargains when buying locally. Four years ago I bought an Xbox. At the time the price was $150. I then bought two games at $45 each and an extra controller which I think was about $30 at the time. All told I spent more than $250 initially. Those first two games were
Star Wars Episode III, which is pretty terrible, and Madden NFL 2006, which I have played extensively.
That was the end of my video game buying though. I couldn’t afford any more games and my disappointment in the Star Wars game made me leary of investing more money in the Xbox. And so it sat barely used until recently when I discoverd that Xbox games were being sold for next to nothing on sites like Amazon. Sure the games might be four or five years old but they are new to me.
So I’ve compiled a list of the best
Xbox games available for the cheapest prices through Amazon. And if you don’t have a system yet those are cheap too, going for about $50.
The Best Xbox Games for a Fraction of the Original Price
- Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge – great flight sim game. Best Price: $0.49
- Elder Scrolls III Morrowind – an epic RPG. Best Price: $1.71
- Halo: Combat Evolved – the shooter that defined the Xbox. Best Price: $3.38
- Evil Dead: Regeneration – the best mindless zombie thrashing game you can find. Best Price: $4.08
- Fable – Another good RPG. Best Price: $4.43
- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic – This is an RPG set in the Star Wars universe and unlike so many other Start Wars games, this one is actually good. Best Price: $10.50
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas – This the best game in the GTA series. Best Price: $5.87
- Far Cry Instincts – Another great shooter. Best Price: $1.71
- TimeSplitters 2 – Shooting things and blowing stuff up across time, what’s not to like. Best Price: $1.83
- Mercenaries – Sort of like GTA but with slightly less dubious morality involved. Best Price: $3.94
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six 3 – This is a good port of the PC version of one of the best tactical shooters. Best Price: $0.01
- Lego Star Wars – Good lego fun in the Star Wars universe, what’s not to like? Best Price: $4.94
- Half Life 2 – It’s like Half-Life but with a 2 in the title. Best Price: $0.25
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time – One of the best RPGs on the Xbox. Best Price: $2.20
- Burnout 3 Takedown – Had to include a racing game and what better than one with ridiculous crashes? Best Price: $2.60
There you have it, you could add 15 of the best Xbox games to your collection for $47.83. That’s what one game would have cost you a few years ago but now those of us who just aren’t cool enough to own a new system can get endless hours of gaming pleasure for a fraction of the original cost. Go buy yourself some cheap games and enjoy your outdated video game system, I know I’m enjoying mine.